Archive for August, 2010
Back in the day, Disney artist Carson Van Osten created a short-but-sweet guide to common comic strip staging and layout problems. Recently I ran across some lovely reproductions of this guide over at Mark Kennedy’s blog, The Temple of the Seven Golden Camels. His blog is a wealth of information on animation and cartooning in general, so don’t stop with this post but read through the rest of his site, too. And make sure to thank Mark for sharing!
Drawn from sources that are loving the new season of the IT crowd…
- Matthew Inman, creator of The Oatmeal, talks about how to get people to read your site.
- A collection of interviews and articles on the life and work of Robert Crumb.
- Criterion Collection reissues R. Crumb documentary with special features.
- Castration comics from Mary Roach and Ariyana Suvarnasuddhi. Ouch!
- Scott Pilgrim and Shonen Manga.
- An interview about BoingBoing.net.
- Mal and Chad’s fill in the bubble frenzy 2.
- Brody’s Ghost: Mark Crilley’s 6-part graphic novel.
- A tour of Dark Horse Comics.
- Gabrielle Bell’s comic strip about ComicCon.
- August 28th is International Read Comics in Public Day.
- Critique of a badly-drawn Bible story coloring book.
- An interview with Lev Yilmaz, creator of Tales of Mere Existence.
- Gods Playing Poker is offering Fox News Bingo cards as a free download.
- The Onion AV Club interviews cartoonist Jim Woodring.
- The comics Bill Waterson sent to Berkeley Breathed posted on BoingBoing.net.
Reported by Michael Moss.